Memorial Day typically kicks off the summer season, and this weekend many of us started our beach and pool routines. I don’t know about you, but the one thing that sometimes detracts me from driving to the beach, as much as I love it, is all that stuff we have to bring with us. That’s why a few years ago I decided to look for the perfect beach bag, as large as I could find it, to help carry the million bottles of sunscreen, towels, snacks, and everything else I normally carry in my purse. I also prefer bags that can be thrown in the washer (I’m a big Vera Bradley fan for this reason), or can easily be cleaned. I’ve had tons of different beach bags in the past, as living in Miami provides us the opportunity to go to the beach a lot during the year, but here is a roundup of some of my favorite beach totes for Summer 2015:
1) SCOUT 4 Boys Jumbo Zip-Top Tote,Captain Hooked pattern. www.scoutbags.com, $54. Available in various other patterns too.
2) The New England Trading Company Recycled Sailcloth Bag, large, zipper top, www.thenewenglandtradingcompany.com, $120. Available in various other patterns too.
3) Tommy Hilfiger Grommets Woven Rugby Stripe Tote, www.macys.com, $65.
4) Ashville Crocheted Raffia Tote from Calypso St. Barth, www.calypsostbarth.com, $175.
5) Pink & Green Geometric Tote with Pockets from http://razzberryfizz.com, $24.
6) Whale Mesh Beach Bag from www.saltwatercanvas.com, $36.
7) Vera Bradley Large Family Tote in Rio Squiggle pattern, www.verabradley.com, $58. Available in various other patterns too.
8) Deluxe Utility Tote in the Bubble Bloom pattern. www.thirtyonegifts.com, $50. Available in various other patterns too.
9) Palm Tree Dockside Beach Bag, www.lifeisgood.com, $50.
What types of bags/totes do you use for your summer outings? Do you have any favorites?