I can’t really call myself a Mad Men fan, to be honest, I’ve never even watched the show (I know, I know)… So when Chairish (an online marketplace where people can buy and sell amazing used and vintage furniture and fashion accessories) contacted me and asked if I would make a style board using mid-century modern items from their site, I was surprised and excited to give it a chance. After all, I do love some of the clean lines and designs of the traditional mid-century modern styles.
I was amazed as to how many choices Chairish has to offer. If you’re feeling a bit lost when you first log on to their website, fear not. Chairish allows you to narrow your search by style or location.
After browsing their website for a while I decided to have some fun and put together an inspiration board for my teenage daughter’s bedroom, with a touch of pink that I know she would just love. Mid-century modern is usually associated with browns and greens, but you can definitely mix it up with some color and I also chose to add a few gold accent pieces. Take a look at the beautiful items I found:
- Mid Century Paul Mayen Habitat Floor Lamp; $1,400
- Sun Burst Large Gilt Wood Wall Mirror; $1,430
- Pure Love Painting by Linda Colletta; $600
- Hot Pink LSA Cylinder Vase; $160 and Tall Empoli Cased Glass Vase; $325
- Vintage Brass Elephant Bookends; $95 for the pair
- Mid-Century Campaign Style Desk Ivory ; $1,089
- Palm Leaf Hand-Crafted Waste Basket; $45
- Custom Tufted Square Ottoman 43″; $2,200
- Atomic Chair in Pink Floral Pattern; $809
One of my favorite pieces is the chair and my daughter loves elephants so I think she would really enjoy the bookends. If you’re looking to redecorate some rooms in your house, or if you simply want to experiment with some different ideas and designs, I urge to visit www.chairish.com, and have some fun!
What do you think of mid-century modern look? What types of designs are your favorite?