I admit it…I am an office supply addict. My addiction started when I was very young. My dad knew I loved stickers and he started buying them for me at Hallmark (the only place stickers were sold back then) near his job in NYC. My mom would also take me to the Sanrio store and I would go nuts buying little Hello Kitty colored pencils and pads. Fast forward many years later… and now I just love anything that has to do with stickers, craft supplies, desk accessories, and oh boy do I love a nice set of pens! If any store has an office supply or stationery section, you can find me there (and now my daughter too). And I have to say, I have found the most amazing stationery stores in Europe, (papelerias as they are called in Spain). Back to school time offers a great selection of pens, sticky notes, markers, cute paper clips, you name it! Looks at these pencils, how can I resist??
Are you an office supply addict? Here’s a quick list that will help you determine if you are:
1) You have more pens, pencils and markers than you’ll ever use in one lifetime.
2) You feel the urge to visit Office Depot at least once a month (or Archiver’s if you shop online).
3) You have an entire drawer stuffed full of blank, unopened writing pads and post-it pads, more than necessary for anything you will ever write down in your life.
4) You have a giant collection of adorable erasers…which cannot be used because they are so cute.
5) There’s no such thing as too many blank notecards!
6) You’re more excited to visit the Sanrio store in the mall, full of Hello Kitty stationery, than Nordstrom.
7) You secretly love back to school time, just for the new school supplies you’re buying for your “kids”.
8) You have an immense sticker collection, as a gown adult, and continue to buy more with every visit to Michael’s.
9) You purchase items such as a Sticker Stadium and a Washi Tape Dispenser (don’t judge).
10) You get really upset when someone doesn’t return one of your favorite pens (they’re all your favorites).
11) You’re vacationing in Italy, and suddenly you spot an old handmade paper and stationery store, and you HAVE to go in.
12) You write a blog post about your addiction.
And don’t even get me started on monogrammed notepads and calendars! Here are a few more of my favorite office supplies:
Do you like office supplies? What are some of your favorite items, I love them all!