Where has the year gone? I can’t believe Mother’s Day is in 6 days! I always have a very hard time shopping for Mother’s Day. After all, in my opinion, Mother’s Day is everyday of the year. How do you find just one gift to show your love, appreciation and admiration for that one (or several) special moms in your life? And I think that’s why I always end up putting it off. So in case this holiday has crept up on you too, and you haven’t had time to shop for that special “mom” in your life, here are some very nice gift ideas that I have recently come across for all types of moms, other than the usual homemade cards, flowers and breakfast in bed (although those are always appreciated too):
And of course don’t forget to tell your special mom how much you love her! Have you bought your Mother’s Day gifts yet? What are you giving the moms in your life?
Well believe it or not the month of January has flown by and here we are getting ready to celebrate Valentine’s Day in less than a week (even though I have some neighbors who have yet to put away their Christmas decorations!) I know many of you may not celebrate this day or make a big fuss about it, but for those of you who do, I decided to round up some of my favorite (and most original) ideas I found to surprise your loved ones with. Here they are:
- Valentines Day “Hashtag Conversation Heart” Cookie set, by Sugared Hearts Bakery, $20. Visit their Etsy store for cookies for all types of events, they are beautiful as well as delicious!
- Tory Burch Logo Heart Key Fob, available at http://www.toryburch.com, $55.
- COACH Corner Zip Wristlet in heart print crossgrain leather, available at http://www.coach.com, $75.
- Under This Moon Bracelet by Gemagenta on Etsy, $30. This has to be one of the most creative and romantic gifts I’ve come across. The custom necklace or bracelet is made by hand to reflect the moon phase of any date you desire, even past dates. How cool is that??
- BAN.DO Assorted Pen Set, a great gift for your kids, available at http://www.shopbando.com, $14. Browse their website for many other affordable cute gifts for Valentine’s.
- Alex and Ani Key to My Heart Charm Bangle, available at http://www.alexandani.com, $28. Also sold at Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Lord & Taylor, Dillard’s, and various local jewelry stores. I love these bracelets and my daughter loves to wear many of them at once. Browse their website for all types of collections.
- Hey Handsome Shaving Kit Bag for the man in your life, available at http://www.owenandfred.com, $68. Available in various colors. This is a great website offering many gifts for men.
- A Big Kiss His & Her Pillowcases, available at http://www.gifts.com, $36. Does it get any cuter than this??
- The New Disney Jewelry Collection by Pandora. This is perfect for the Disney lover in your life (I know a few of those). Available anywhere Pandora is sold or at http://www.pandora.net, prices for charms range from $45-$80.
- Milktape, a company that makes modern day mixed tapes using cassette tape-shaped USBs complete with cover and plastic case, so you can make it extra personal. Each tape holds about 15 songs (128 MB) and can be used with PC or Mac. I know this brings back a lot of memories from my youth. Available at http://www.milktape.com, $15.
- Petite Heart Cocotte by Le Creuset, for the chef in your life, available at http://www.lecreuset.com, $25. Comes in various colors if you’re not into pink.
- Heart Audio Headset Splitter, for just about anyone on your list, available at http://www.accessorygeeks.com or http://www.amazon.com, $8.
And if you prefer not to spend money on gifts, then there’s always that special card like this one available at http://www.papersource.com.
Have you thought about Valentine’s Day yet? And if so, what would you like to gift or receive?